These are 11 advantages of keeping and playing conch at home.
1. In the house where there is a conch, there is a residence of Lakshmi. In religious texts, the conch is described as the brother of Lakshmi, because like Lakshmi, the conch also originated from the ocean. The conch is counted among the fourteen gems emanating from the sea churning.
2. Shankh is also considered auspicious because both Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Vishnu hold it in their hands.
3. Playing conch shells in the rituals of worship makes the atmosphere pure. As far as its voice goes, positive thoughts are generated in the minds of people by listening to it. The fruit of good thoughts is also naturally better.
4. Anointing Shiva, Lakshmi, etc. with the water of conch shell pleases God and gets his grace.
5. In the Brahmavaivarta Purana it is said that by keeping water in the conch and sprinkling it, the atmosphere is purified.
6. The sound of conch inspires people to worship. It is believed that the worship of Shankh fulfills wishes. This does not cause evil spirits to pass.
7. Scientists believe that many types of bacteria and germs present in the environment are destroyed by the sound of a conch shell. Many tests have yielded similar results.
8. According to Ayurveda, the use of Shankhodak Bhasma eliminates many types of stomach ailments, stones, jaundice etc. However, it should be used only on the advice of expert Vaidya.
9. Playing the conch exercises the lungs. It is mentioned in the Puranas that if the patient of breathing regularly breathes a conch, he can be free from disease.
10. By consuming water kept in conch, bones are strengthened. It is also beneficial for teeth. It is beneficial due to the properties of calcium, phosphorus, and sulfur in the shell.
11. According to Vastushastra, the conch also has many such properties, which bring positive energy to the house. 'Slept land' awakened by the sound of a conch and gives auspicious results.
Shankh is worshiped with this mantra.
Tvam pura sagarottapna: Vishnunavigrit: kare devaashpujit: sarvathappanchjanyajamoastutte.